The trainer (his name is Erik Albele??) comes from German, but his can speak pretty good English.
He introduced the SNMP protocol and another open source product called Zenoss. But it's not really 2.0 I think.
Here is a highlights for Zenoss:
- Single Integrated Product - to monitor your entire IT infrastructure
- First Commercial Open Source CMDB - a single repository for your IT assets
- Easy To Use Browser-Based GUI - no linux skills needed, access from anywhere
- Enterprise-Ready Architecture - tiered architecture that scales to thousands of nodes
- ZenPacks Framework - packaging system for Zenoss plugins, skins, etc...
- Open Source - free, GPLv2, source code included, more...
- New in 2.1 - Google Maps Mashup, Network Visualization, Java Apps Management, more...
It's good to know another cheap and good solution in IT management, there are lots of good features in Zenoss, like configurable templates for reports, events, metrics.
Picture below is their free release of Zenoss: